Grand Galerie de l'Évolution, Paris, France

The Gallery of Evolution stands at the formal end of the Jardin des Plantes. It's housed in a 19th-century glass-roofed building and was inaugurated in 1889, shortly after the inauguration of the Eifel Tower. However, it was closed in 1966 and reopened only in 1994, after significant works of renovation.
The public exhibition includes 9500 specimens, a small proportion of the almost 75 million under the museum's care. The centrepiece of the museum is a procession of African wildlife, on the first floor.

Opening hours: 10h-18h, closed on Tuesdays, Dec. 25, Jan. 1 and May 1.
Entrance fee: €9
How to go: line 5 Gare d’Austerlitz, line 7 Censier Daubenton, line 10 Jussieu 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Martim Moniz Square, Lisbon, Portugal

The Gates of Mdina, Malta

Church of Santa Maria de Belém, Lisbon, Portugal

Lisbon's City Walls, Portugal