Church of Our Lady of Incarnation, Lisbon, Portugal

The Church of Our Lady of Incarnation, in Chiado, was built by order of Countess of Pontevel, in 1708, implying the demolition of the 14th-century city walls and a watchtower.
The church was badly damaged by the 1755 earthquake and was rebuilt, with significant changes, in 1784. However, works were only concluded in 1873. The church was built in the late Baroque style.

Opening hours: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Martim Moniz Square, Lisbon, Portugal

The Gates of Mdina, Malta

Church of Santa Maria de Belém, Lisbon, Portugal

Lisbon's City Walls, Portugal